Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wednesday Night February 18, 2009

We had a good crowd last night, I think we had a total of 21 kids. We started our lesson in 2 Timothy chapter 3. We only really got through the first seven verses. Our main topic was how the last days described in the verses was so like we are going through today. It is easy for us to see the prophecy of the Word taking place before our eyes. One of the main things I tried to stress to the youth was that we are to separate ourselves from the things of this world and seek Him. Only with His strength and help can we make it.

We also discussed our upcoming summer camp, and I sent letters to all the parents to fill out for me. We are trying to get things all figured out and finalized as quick as possible so everyone can plan out their summers. Every year I have conflicts in scheduling that usually keeps kids out of camp. We want to avoid that this year.

Shelbie won the Bible drills for group one, and Hayden took the prize for group two. Only one more week to go to see who the winner for February is!

I ask that you keep us in prayer, as it seems that satan is trying to get in the way of the work here. I refuse to let it. I put it in the Lord's hands and I will allow Jesus to handle the situation. It doesn't bother me to see satan attacking me, it lets me know I am getting to him. As long as we trust in God and the power of His might, what can stand against us? To all my fellow soldiers in Christ, press the attack, and keep moving forward. The battle will soon be over and Jesus already has won the victory! Keep up the fight!-bro. j

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment