Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday March 29, 2009

Wow what a day. Brother Robert called Saturday afternoon and told me he was very sick, so I volunteered to preach for him. He let me and for that I am thankful. It is always an honor and privilege to stand in the pulpit and preach. So after Sunday school(we had 19 total), I got to preach. I preached on how as Christians we can go from being on the mountain one day, to finding ourselves in the valley the next. I used 1 kings chapters 18 and 19. Elijah went from delivering a mighty blow to satan, then the next day begging God to kill him and get him out of his misery. How very like Christians today. We need to recognize that if we do what we are supposed to, we are going to come under attack. 2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. So revel in your suffering for Christ, for it can be a blessing. He will never leave us nor forsake us, so when the going gets tough, seek His strength! After Church, we ate lunch and then had our fifth Sunday singing. Not many stayed, but those that did were blessed I hope. Amazing how willing we are to devote time to this world, yet we scorn to do the things of God. Surely the Lord's army needs to regroup and press the attack while we can. Yet just as it was in the Lord's day here, the laborers are few. I had four youth stay for all our services Sunday. Four. Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Lord I pray for the few labourers left, and that the Lord of the harvest will come soon.

We had a wonderful service, and I pray our Lord was glorified. I am not discouraged, for I know how the story ends. I don't know how it will all work out, but I know it will. We must trust and obey and allow the Master to work. 2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment